Am I Too Busy to Love Well?

19 February 2019


Even though I missed Valentine's Day by a few days, the topic of love is still relevant in everyday life. This led me reflect on how I live and take the time to love others well, especially when asking the question, "Am I too busy to love others well?"

In the past semester, I would have answered after some thought, "yes".


We love because he first loved us.

1 John 4:19

There were definitely things I could not control with my schedule as a student, but I did have opportunities to choose when to intentionally create spaces to love the people around me like Christ. It starts by setting boundaries and knowing personally when I over extend myself (whether physically, emotionally, mentally...). For you, this could mean setting aside weekly times in your schedule to check in with a friend, or taking a break for yourself to be refreshed before moving forward in your day. It's easy for me to book myself from morning till evening when there are constant due dates and exams for classes, but it's not an excuse to ignore the command to love (God and the people around you).


Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:29-30


A challenge for you this week is to think of one person to love well and possibly asking prayerfully, 
"How can I love               well?"


Say 'hello' down below

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.