A Drop in the Ocean

03 April 2018


It was a new day, with the sun peeking through the waves below me. I could only smile in wonder at the beautiful sight before me. Ships all around me, though different from my own, following the course before us. Oh what a marvelous adventure guided by Our Navigator, for my companions and I.

When I have a second to step out of the rush of college life (papers, assignments, and tests), I find myself sometimes reflecting on the most random encounters I've had with people. Whether it was a fun few moments or embarrassing second, I find myself re-running experiences I've had with all sorts of people.

Remember in high school, how many people you saw in the hallway everyday. You passed them by everyday, some of them classmates, some acquaintances, and some who were just faces you passed by everyday. How many of those people could you truly say you knew what their life was like? Or them knowing your story? Whether they were the popular, stellar student or blended into the surroundings, there's still so many people unknown even at surface details.

Or in college, when the number of students has over doubled in size or more. It feels even harder to know others or even be known. There are probably people we pass everyday but don't get to meet or enter their life story, other than being the girl or guy that walks by them on their way to lecture. Thousands of people just like you who have responsibilities to balance including keeping old relationships and maybe building new ones.

And we practically pass someone new and possibly someone we might never see again. We barely know everyone that's we see daily, let alone, everyone in our neighborhood, city, or country.

Yet, there is some who wants to know you and be known. Yet God, wants to personally and intimately know you, and internationally build a relationship with you. How exciting is this!


♫  Drops in the Ocean - Hawk Nelson
Photo by Thomas Vimare on Unsplash

Say 'hello' down below

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.