Simply Grace

12 September 2016



This past week, I don't know why, but I felt defeated, anxious, and regretful. It might be because I'm in a different environment or because of the higher expectations I call on myself. All I can say is simple is I've forgotten grace and how important it is.


"which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and increasing—as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth," Colossians 1:6

In the college-group at church, our pastor asked a simple question, "what is grace?" I had to backtrack a little in my mind, to remember a year ago when I was revisited with the main points of the gospel, and grace as one of the commonly used Christian buzzwords. I remembered grace in a simple visual as an "undeserved gift", meaning it's not earned not by our works or my deeds. But because of how great God's love is for all of us. 

The moment I remembered what grace means, is also when I forgot those feelings of dissatisfaction in myself and decided to leave them in the past and instead reach out towards this gift of grace and cherish its value and worth. And remember that no matter what I did or thought can never separate me from God's grace, nor earn it.


–Jem

Say 'hello' down below

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.