grave mistakes

06 December 2020



Laying in silence
It's easy to run those thoughts through my head 
Over and over again. 

Thinking of all the possibilities and regrets 
Of what I have done or said, 
Or what I could have said. 
When time continues to slip by, 
Those thoughts to reach out again. 
But, instead I make excuses.
Feeling embarrassed 
For not reaching our sooner, 
Feeling like I may be bothersome.

So time continues 
To keep moving 
And so does the chance that I will ever take that first step.

But I'm reminded, 
That though missed opportunities and mistakes have led to replaying the what ifs of today, 
That these aren't unmendable. 
Although it might not be patched up the way it was before, 

It is still redeemable.
It is still valuable.

That if I were to sit and reflect on the mistakes that have brought me to where I stand now, 
I would remember 
That those mistakes were redeemed for something better. 
So keep moving, 
Even when the past won't let you forget. 

I must move forward 
And not lay here to rest.


Though i've made grave mistakes, the grave didn't hold my Lord down



jem.

Say 'hello' down below

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.