Don't Compare

18 June 2016


How often do we catch ourselves gawking over a 'flawless' picture on instagram or being jealous over a friend's new facebook status––sometimes more that we make it out to be. It starts with little wishes like, "I wish I had her closet" to "Those pins are goals", and before we know it we're kinda obsessed with the idea. We start to compare not what we already have, but what we don't have

Here's the mistake we are making: We don't realize we're not that much different from one another, aside from our personal experiences, physique, and other tidbits and habits that make us unique. We all struggle with insecurities, we all need someone to rely on, we all have bad days and things we wish we could forget. It the midst of all that, remember: you are unique and that is a gift. Not one person is exactly identical in all aspects, which means everyone's purpose won't be the same either.


–– Jem

Join the conversation!

  1. This is such a great point, and a fantastic reminder! I'm guilty of getting down on myself (especially in the world of blogging) but it's so true that everyone has moments that are not as glamorous. I like to think that "every minute I spend wishing I were someone else is a minute wasted enjoying being myself!"

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.