The Cycle of Life

01 April 2016







"It's a slow fade when you give yourself away"
- Casting Crowns

Lately my busy schedule has started to slow down a little in the college department, which is great! I actually have time for activities like writing, journaling, and drawing. I must say it feels pretty nice. I've even picked back up a book I started reading earlier in the year called The Comeback by Louie Giglio–which I definitely recommend. The section/chapter I'm on, "Never Too Late" just so happens to coincide with the same character I'm learning about in the church I attend college group, Samson from the book of Judges.

The book of Judges, as Giglio explains, is pretty repetitive. Each chapter starts with the same "Israel cried..", God raises a deliverer or judge, and after following God for a while the Israelites fall back into their old ways to start this cycle once again.

This same repetitivity is something that pops into my life in different areas, but mostly dealing with my pride. When things don't seem to fall in place I cry out to God, but once everything starts to feel comfortable I start to forget how I got there in the first place. It wasn't me, or my "hard work", or good deeds, but through God's grace and abundant love. It's a prayer of mine that these chains of being tied to the same sinful cycle would eventually break.


Say 'hello' down below

Share your thoughts below!

© arise and create. Design by FCD.